Hello blog, it´s been a while. *I missed you!* I don´t have much time to write right now but I´m coming back from my self inflicted hiatus because apparently, I have been nominated for an award! I feel so, so honored. And thankful. And happy. I could squee. *Squee!* Thank you Mansi from EatPrayLoveMovies for thinking of me. :*
Anyway, what is the Liebster Blog Award? It's basically a blogger's way of saying "You're one of my favorites! Good job!” Liebster is German for dearest. It´s so cute and nice.
Rules for receiving this award:
5. No tag backs.
So, here it goes! 11 random facts about me:
1) I am afraid of the dark. I cannot go to the bathroom at night before turning my bedsidelamp on.
2) I am obsessed with nailpolish. I have about 63 different shades and I feel uncomfortable with unpainted nails. Right now it´s "Dazzling Viola" by Misslyn. I hate fake fingernails though.
3) I am more active in the night.
4) I cannot go to sleep without reading before, even if it´s just for a couple of minutes.
5) I love languages. I speak Polish, German, English, French, Japanese and a little Hindi.
6) My favourite food is Chinese. And chips, unfortunately.
7) When I was little I wanted to be an inventor. My biggest dream was to find a way to clone myself so that the other me could do all the things I hated like dishwashing, cleaning up my room and going early to bed so I could just play all day long.
8) I really liked going to school. My favourite classes were history, english and art. At the same time I used to skip the classes I didn´t like A LOT.
9) I have an attention deficit. I tend to get enthusiastic about things really quickly but after a (very) short while I lose all my interest and move on to other things. I rarely finish what I started.
10) When I´m sick or hurt I don´t like people to tend to me. I just really, really want to be left alone.
11) I paint. Mostly in oils.
And the answers to Mansi´s questions:
1) One song to describe your life...
"The analyst" from Delta Goodrem
2) One film you could watch over and over?
Magadheera. I could watch Cherry and his hair all day long. ;)
3) Your idea of fun?
Meeting with friends for dinner.
4) If you could live someone else's life for a day, who's would it be?
This one´s tough. Actually, I don´t want to live anyone´s life, really. Well, for the sake of it: Shah Rukh. But only so that I could do what I call: "Bringing Shah´s career back on track". That means no south inspired movies, no twenty-something heroines anymore (or if so, then at least acknowledge it and don´t pretend that it´s completely believable that Shah Rukh´s 25), maybe a supporting role as a villain, more downbeat, realistic and smaller movies in general and most imprtantly: NO MORE HOSTING AWARD SHOWS!
5) One film you wish had never been made?
Avatar: The Last Airbender. Such a shame. Such a shame, really.
6)One crazy wish?
To have a time-machine.
7) Films that didn't get their due?
Marie Antoinette. The Fall. Mujhse Dosti Karoge. Yes Boss. Paheli. The Emperor´s Groove. Aiyya. ASOKA.
8) What freaks you out?
When someone whispers in my ear. *eww* And spiders. *EWWW*
9) What is love?
Pyar Dosti Hai. ;)
10) What are things you like to do alone?
Learning. I can´t concentrate when learning with other people.
11) If you had only 5 more minutes to live, what would you do?
I would call my Mum. Or fight for my life, depending on the situation. I don´t give up so easily.
And my questions for the other nominees:
1. Who is your celebrity crush?
2. Who is your role model?
3. The most important thing you learned from a book/movie. And please write which book/movie.
4. What is your guilty pleasure?
5. Are you a cat or a dog person?
6. What is love for you?
7. What (or who) do you want to be when you grow up?
8. Your greatest obsession?
9. (Since I´m watching it right now) Do you watch x/y/z´s Next Topmodel? If so, why?
10. What is the one thing you always wished to do but were always too afraid to?
11. If you were given a time-machine, were would you go and what would you do?
And here are my Nominees:
I know it´s only nine, but every other blog I know of has more than 200 followers so I hope that´s okay.
Once again: Thank you, thank you, thank you! It is always nice to know that you are being appreciated.